Club “Grand Prix” Race Series
Your age category will be whatever your age was on the 1st April 2022 and will remain that for the entire GP.
Tavy 5k is a time trial so normal rules apply; however, we are conscious that people love a parkrun, therefore if you run/walk or volunteer at the nominated parkrun on that day then automatic 80 points.
If you need any more information regarding this Grand Prix series please see Bryan King or Mark Willcocks
In the series, your best 10 races will score. There will be trophies awarded to all athletes that complete 10 races / events or more. Every race in the series will be scored by the first runner gaining 100 points, the second 99 points, and so on down to 25th place (75 points); anyone finishing lower will also score 75 points.
The series will be divided into male and female age categories. You will be placed in the age category group relating to your age on 1st April 2021 and you will remain in that group all year.
- LADIES: Seniors 18-34, Vets 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
- MEN: Seniors 18-39, Vets 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
2022 to 2023 Race Series (Started May 2022)
- 01/05 Trevornick 10K.
- 07/05 Ivybridge 10K.
- 08/05 Saltash 5k or half marathon.
- 08/05 Bideford 10K.
- 11/05 Armada 5K run
- 08/06 Armada 5K run.
- 11/06 Dartmoor Discovery.
- 19/06 Plymouth 5k or half marathon.
- 19/06 Plymouth 10K.
- 26/06 North Devon half/marathon.
- 01-03/07 Hope12.24.36.
- 02/07 Magnificent 7.
- 06/07 Armada 5K run.
- 09/07 Muddy duck 10K.
- 16/07 Haytor Heller.
- 21/07 Kingsbridge 10K.
- 07/08 Indian queens half marathon.
- 07/08 Totnes 10K.
- 10/08 Armada 5K run.
- 29/08 Peter Tavy Plod 5 miles.
- 29/08 Lustleigh show 10K.
- 14/09 Armada 5K run.
- 18/09 Truro half marathon.
- 25/09 Barnstable half/full marathon.
- 25/09 Taunton 10K.
- 02/10 Woolacombe 10K.
- 15/10 Central Parkrun 5k.
- 16/10 Eden project half/full marathon.
- 23/10 Weymouth 10.
- 30/10 Herepath half marathon.
- 06/11 Cornish Marathon.
- 06/11 Templer 10.
- 12/11 Plym Valley parkrun.
- 15/12 Tavi 5K run.
- 24/12 or 25/12 Plym Valley parkrun.
- 31/12 Central park parkrun.
- 14/01 Mount Edgcumbe parkrun.
- 15/01 January Jaunt 10K.
- 15/01 Oh my obelisk.
- 22/01 Storm force 10.
- 05/02 Newquay 10K.
- 11/02 Tamar Trails parkrun.
- 26/02 Looe 10 miler.
- 05/03 Bideford half marathon.
- 11/03 Tavi 5K run.
- 12/03 Granite way 10/20 miler.
- 19/03 Weymouth half marathon.
- 26/03 Tavi 13.
NO runs in April to allow time for trophies and awards to be organised for AGM.
2023 to 2024 Race Series (Started May 2023)
- 06.05.23 Ivybridge 10K.
- 07.05.23 Saltash Half and 5K.
- 07.05.23 Bideford 10K.
- 14.05.23 Plymouth Half.
- 20.05.23 Tavy 5K
- 21.05.23 Trevornick 10K
- 03.06.23 Dartmoor Discovery.
- 14.06.23 Armada 5K.
- 17.06.23 Sticker 5.
- 29.06.23 Buckland Brewer.
- 30.06.23 Exeter 10K.
- 02.07.23 Mag 7.
- 07.07.23 Hope 12/24/36.
- 12.07.23 Armada 5K.
- 15.07.23 Haytor Heller.
- 23.07.23 Cornwood 10K.
- 23.07.23 Muddy Duck 10K.
- 06.08.23 Indian Queens Half Marathon.
- 06.08.23 Totnes 10K.
- 09.08.23 Armada 5K run.
- 28.08.23 Lustleigh 10K.
- 03.09.23 Treggy 7.
- 13.09.23 Armada 5K.
- 17.09.23 Truro Half Marathon.
- TBC Barnstable Half/Full marathon.
- 15.10.23 Eden Project Half/Full marathon.
- 22.10.23 Woolacombe 10K.
- 22.10.23 Weymouth 10.
- 29.10.23 Herepath Half Marathon.
- 05.11.23 Bideford 10.
- 05.11.23 Cornish Marathon.
- 05.11.23 Templer 10.
- 12.11.23 Drogo 10.
- 20.12.23 Tavi 5K run.
- 25.12.23 Plym Valley parkrun.
- TBC First Chance 10K.
- TBC January Jaunt 10K.
- TBC Oh My Obelisk (9 mile or half).
- TBC Storm force 10.
- TBC Newquay 10K.
- TBC Looe 10 miler.
- TBC Tavy 5K.
- 20.03.24 Tavi 5K run.
- 26.03.24 Tavi 13.
- 17.04.23 Armada 5K
Rules and information
- Club colours to be worn at all races No vest No points.
- Your age cat is your age on the 1st May 2023.
- This will remain for the whom race series.
- Club records for your actual age will be recorded as such.
- 15 races to qualify for the age cat trophies.
- 12+ races for grand prix medals
- Awards/trophies will be announced and awarded at 2024 AGM
MUSKIES PARKRUN MINI-LEAGUE 2023-2024
To take part members must ensure that they have Plymouth Musketeers identified as their club in their parkrun set-up. This will allow participation information to be collected.
There will be three age categories each for men and ladies which are 1) Senior to 34, 2) 35 to 49 and 3) 50 plus. Your allocated age category will be taken from your parkrun age category at the start of each series.
There will be two parkrun mini-series, the first running from the beginning of May 2023 to the end of September 2023 (SUMMER SERIES) and the second running from the beginning of November 2023 to the end of March 2024 (WINTER SERIES).
Only Saturday parkruns will be counted – no “special days” (Christmas Day parkrun is included in the club Grand Prix) or Junior parkrun events will count.
In each series there are 22 Saturday parkruns available and you must complete and/or volunteer at 12 parkruns during the series (SUMMER or WINTER) to qualify for that series.
Points will be awarded in accordance with the AGE GRADE PERCENTAGE as per parkrun results page, for example if your percentage score is 65.4% you will score 65.4 points plus any bonus points earnt as detailed below. Overall score will be your average points over all parkruns during the series.
Volunteering – 5 points for roles that allow runners to also do the parkrun (e.g. pre-event set-up, first timers brief) except Tail Walker or Park Walker where 30 bonus points will be awarded and 50 points for volunteering instead of running. Only one volunteering role per parkrun will be counted.
Tourism – There are no tourist bonus points for the four parkruns local to the Plymouth area (Central Plymouth, Plym Valley, Mount Edgcumbe and Tamar Trails) as each of these is the home run for some members of the club. You cannot gain volunteering and tourism points on the same run.
For other parkruns, 3 bonus points for repeat runs at courses the runner has completed before and 5 bonus points for a new parkrun to the runner.
Personal Records – 5 points for a course PR (not available on first run on a course) and 10 bonus points for a new overall parkrun PR for that runner.
– 5 points for DEAD ON THE MINUTE e.g. 25:00, 28:00 or similar
– 5 points for DOUBLE UP e.g. 25:25, 30:30 or similar
– 5 points for PALINDROME e.g. 31:13, 24:42 or similar
Previous Grand Prix Standings
- Previous Standings 2017/18 – Latest Update
- Off-Road Standings 2017/18 – Off-road
- Club Grand Prix 2016/17 – Final Scores – Main Club Series — Mini Club Series
- Club Grand Prix 2015/16 Male Main Series — Female Main Series — Male Mini Series — Female Mini Series
- Club Grand Prix 2014/15 race series points (PDF)
- Club Grand Prix 2013/14 race series points (PDF)
Running Achievement Awards & Club Records
Running achievement certificates may be awarded for races in our Grand Prix Series (see above). The Achievement Awards will be based on your age category in the series.